Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Trisetella triglochin

Trisetella triglochin, also found under the name Trisetella huebneri, is found both in southern Central America and northern South America.  It is extremely variable in flower shape and color.  This plant is only 3 cm tall with flowers that are also 3 cm in size and are produced on very thin 5 cm spikes that produce several flowers in succession.  I am not certain, however, that is correctly identified, since most of the Trisetellas I've purchased have had the wrong name.




4 comments:

  1. Your Trisetella always make me jealous! I've also noticed a lot of mis-identification with this genus, perhaps because of the similarities between many of the species. Do you grow any in intermediate temperatures?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting. I don't grow any of them intermediate because I don't that set-up. Some of them would probably do better in slightly warmer conditions though.

      Delete
  2. Did you ever figure out ID? I have one that looks exactly like that. Was labeled pantex. I don't think it's triglochin but can't figure out what the heck it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best I can do is still T. triglochin and I think it fall sin the range of variation for that species. I have the descriptions in Pleurothallidinarum, but it is still difficult for me to figure out exactly which species this is.

      Delete