Monday, October 3, 2016

Dendrobium cuthbertsonii bicolor


This is another one of my Dendrobium cuthbertsonii, the same species as the orange-flowered plant I posted not long ago, but this, obviously, is an entirely different color and is in fact a bicolored cultivar.  Like other plants of the species the flowers are veyr large for the size of the plant and last six to eight months.  The plant, some of which can be seen in the photos, is less than 3 cm tall and the flowers are 4-5 cm.  Some of my plants I grow in pots but this mounted on a piece of cedar shingle.




4 comments:

  1. D. cuthbertsoni is so pretty. I've never tried this species- I may need to get one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is beautiful, isn't it? Needs cool temperatures and high light to do well.

      Delete